In a previous post I said that I am putting my support (if it matters), behind Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin. I can already tell that half of you stopped reading and right there lies a part of the problem this country has.
Let me preface this by asking all of you…do you really honest to God believe that you will get any kind of change from either of the mainstream presidential candidates when we decide a new president less than one week from now? Are we still not going to have the same two divided parties that stick together when it comes to certain issues but have members of the party who have widely different beliefs? When this election is all said and done, will any promises you’ve heard be fulfilled? If you think so, it would probably be a first. Fact is that both the Republicans and Democrats are full of it. Nothing ever changes and it is an endless cycle of bickering back and forth while playing political games with the voters. If we want REAL change, we need to look somewhere other than Barack Obama, John McCain, and their “parties” which are leading us directly toward complete socialism.
Many people have no idea other parties even exist. They call themselves “independents” yet still don’t vote that way. In fact, 99% of all independent voters voted Republican or Democrat in 2004. If someone doesn’t think in ways they are told to think by Donkeys and Elephants, then why do they ultimately decide to agree with one of only two opinions when they vote? With over 200,000,000 eligible voters in the United States, there are sure to be more than just two opinions right? It’s almost like brain-washing if you think about it. No one is forcing you to vote for Obama or McCain, but you are going to anyway.
How did we get to the point where so-called “Life Long (insert party name here)” are only voting for their guy no matter what? Do any of these people even realize that the Republicans of 30 years ago don’t even believe the same thing as they do now? The same thing goes with the Democrats. It’s strikes me as either laziness or lack of thought when people go into the booth and simply push the red or blue button. Use your brain and stop voting for your party because they are telling you to.
Now it’s painfully obvious that Barack Obama is going to be our next President. If he isn’t, we will have witnessed something that will go down as the biggest upset in the history of presidential elections. I lead into this because when I say to everyone that I am voting third party, they tell me I am “wasting my vote”. Well if that’s the case, then those people voting for McCain, especially in a traditionally blue state, are doing just that…wasting their votes. It’s the same logic really.
The other thing I hear frequently is that a third party vote benefits McCain. If I absolutely HAD to choose between Obama and McCain, I wouldn’t vote. So it really doesn’t hurt anyone.
Now, onto my candidate, Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party. Please remember that I don’t support the party specifically but rather the ideas that come directly from the candidate himself.
Just so you have some background on what Rev. Dr. Chuck Baldwin believes…
– The Constitution as written by our Founding Fathers should remain in-tact and be used today with their original meanings.
– Making sure the 10th Amendment is followed specifically. Remember it states “the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” Essentially it limits the Government’s power.
– There is absolute opposition to any kind of “New World Order” or having troops work under someone else’s flag.
– Our Nation should return to becoming a truly independent nation. This includes defecting from the United Nations and terminating all ties to the U.N. on United States soil.
– Since World War II, these United States has increasingly played the undesirable role of an international policeman. Through our involvements abroad our country is being changed from a republic to a world empire in which our freedoms are being sacrificed on an altar of international involvement. These United States is now committed by treaty to defend foreign nations in all parts of the world, and by agreements other than treaties to defend more. Therefore, we call upon the President, and Congress, to immediately commence a systematic withdrawal from these treaties and agreements, each of which holds the potential to plunge America into war in some far-flung corner of the earth. NATO, for instance, serves no defensive purpose for these United States, and this country should withdraw from it.
– NEVER again shall United States troops be employed on any foreign field of battle without a declaration of war by Congress, as REQUIRED by the United States Constitution.
– Since World War II, these United States has engaged in the greatest international giveaway program ever conceived by man, and is now spending billions of dollars each year to aid foreign nations. There is no constitutional basis for foreign aid. These expenditures have won us no friends, and constitute a major drain on the resources of our taxpayers. Therefore, we demand that:
– No further funds be appropriated for any kind of foreign aid program;
– United States participation in international lending institutions, such as the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund, be ended;
– The Export-Import Bank be abolished;
– All government subsidies, tax preferences, and investment guarantees to encourage U.S. businesses to invest in foreign lands be immediately terminated; and
all debts owed to the United States by foreign countries, or foreign entities, be collected.
– It is his intention that no system of “debt money” shall be imposed on the people of these United States. We support a debt free, interest free money system.
– Abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service
– Closing of our north and south borders. Essentially ending the NAFTA Superhighway, this will help retain the idea of becoming a more independent nation as well as making sure that only legal immigrants come into our country. Not only is this a matter of rules and principle, but it is a matter of national security.
There are many other beliefs from this candidate that I may not agree with completely or oppose, but that is true for any candidate out there. You can’t really say you believe 100% in what any candidate believes in, can you? You’re lying if you say you do.
So on November 4, I’m voting for Chuck Baldwin for many of the reasons stated above.
I’m implore you, on election day, vote with your heart and your head. Even if your candidate doesn’t win, you’ve made a difference.
“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” — John Quincy Adams